Sunday, January 15, 2012

Endings...

I hate endings.

For the last two years, I have been totally blessed to be able to share my music (and my renditions of others' music) at a lovely little bar called The Cottage Inn in Kila, MT. This little space, with its very loving, welcoming, and encouraging inhabitants, has been where I have cut my musical teeth, so to speak. In the last two years of playing Saturday nights at The Cottage, I have gone from a scared, meek, barely-able-to-look-up singer to a confident performer.

I thank you, Keith and Cathryn Bassett, for being who you are are. I thank your whole family, especially Sam, for your hugs. I have relished every moment with you and hope that this particular ending is not the end of being together. I know that other venues of play will open their doors to me. I won't stop learning or creating. But my heart is heavy; I'm sad tonight to think that those wonderful evenings, with warm fire burning, smiling faces, sharing weird poetry and even stranger musings have come to an end.

Bless you, my dear ones. You are my Muse. May life shower you with only good things...new adventures, new stories, new friends, new opportunities...

As I continue forward, I will carry those evenings of love and acceptance with me.

Some endings (or most, I suspect) are really beginnings. My lovely daughter has flown the coop, traveling to Washington State to complete her student teaching. I fear that she may never come back, may never live so close again. So many opportunities to get together, now gone.

I'm not feeling particularly eloquent tonight...just reflecting on life and change and how we manage to soldier on, seeking those greener pastures.

Lord, keep me ever adaptable, ever learning, and ever optimistic. Thank you for this journey called Life, with all its hills and valleys. The sadness and happiness we get to experience now is only a glimmer of the glory that awaits us in heaven. Thank you for the friends you provide to us, who keep us sane in an insane world, and who give us a taste of unconditional love.

1 comment:

  1. you are such an incrediable woman, performer, artist, and friend. i miss you. I am so lucky to have spent so many magical saturday nights dancing and singing in your beautiful presence.
    tammy

    ReplyDelete